A narrative based game to disciple new believers and deepen their faith. The game is still in an early prototyping phase.
About the Project
- YFC staff members are highly skilled in evangelism, but discipling new converts doesn’t always match their gifting.
- YFC would like to experiment with creating a game that would assist staff with discipling students.
- If possible it would be great if the game would be effective by itself, without requiring staff support.
- YFC came up with a list of lessons they would like to teach, surveying quite a bit of theological material.
- Tom, with the support of FaithTech (and Ashley where possible) was going to pursue this idea, working towards a proof of concept.
- We started with a few prototypes experimenting with general game design principles.
- Eventually we settled on a brief outline for one episode (corresponding to one lesson) which should make a good proof of concept. We’re still in the process of fleshing out the design and so haven’t yet started actual production.
Proposed Next Steps
- Meet with YFC and everyone involved for a status check and to agree on our future direction.
- Design a few official projects based on Project Beta for the upcoming FaithTech hackathon
- Find a gifted creative director who can continue developing our ideas so that Tom can move into a more technical role.
- Find a graphic artist who can develop concept art and game assets.
Written by Tom Gault with StackEdit.